The Information we collect
We collect information relating to you including name, address, phone number, e-mail address (‘personal information’).
How and when do we collect your personal information?
When you provide information to us by:
- registering on the Website for an online account or otherwise contact us to obtain information relating to us or our services,
- communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, to place an order, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form
Information from other sources
We receive information from third parties we use in providing services to you from time to time (including delivery and address information from our carriers for example Royal Mail postal address checks and with Fedex) and also service providers we use to process payments.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us – including, for example, to:
- respond to your enquiries,
- handle orders and deliver items,
- communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers,
- update our records,
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website,
- analysis by us to improve the products and services we provide,
- enable third parties to carry out the logistics and delivery of your items once you have placed an order.
When do we share your personal information?
We only share your personal information with third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including the delivery of orders and packages, sending customer communications (company newsletters), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes,
- if you have consented, we will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services. If you no longer want to receive such offers, you can remove yourself from the mailing list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our marketing emails.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our Website we send you a cookie.
Most websites contain cookies; they do not harm your computer or mobile device. Cookies need to be enabled in order to make the most out of our site, or to purchase anything online
We do not store sensitive personal information, but by enabling cookies, it will help you to stay signed in to your account, and allows you to continue shopping, after you have added items to your basket.
You can accept or decline ‘cookies’ by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable ‘cookies’ you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
How do we keep your information secure?
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online and through POS. We use a third party service (Sagepay) to process your payments via a secure online order form located on their webservers. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is encrypted so it is transmitted securely and the responsibility for this lies with Sagepay.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
We enforce physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
Revisions to this Privacy Statement
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies from time to time to all information that we have about you.
How to Contact us
Charbonnel et Walker Ltd T/A House of Dorchester
Registered in England: 169938
Registered office: One, The Royal Arcade, 28 Old Bond Street, London, W1S 4BT